About Me

My photo
This page is dedicated to Ethan Bennett and his courageous journey as he fights his way back from the injuries sustained in a near drowning on June 2, 2009. If you'd like to donate contact me at all4ethan@gmail.com for information or donate via PayPal

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Happiness, Holiday Sadness

This Christmas was even harder than last. Last year I was just so excited to have Ethan and Rose home from spending 6 long months in hospitals and away from home, but this year, on Christmas morning I struggled to keep a happy face and not let Ethan see me cry.

We were blessed with a beautiful Christmas tree, donated to us by the wonderful employees at the Christmas tree lot at the Home Depot at El Con Mall. So if you need something from a home improvement store, send some business their way, they are decent people!

I want to be clear why I am so upset at the Salvation Army, I am upset because they have been able to perpetuate this image of being such a wonderful organization, but in reality they really don't care about the community they serve. If they did they wouldn't have people such as John Kelley with criminal records caring for children. If they were this organization they claim to be, they would have honored the own mission statement "Do the Most Good" and with or without a letter, done the right thing and stepped up to ease the financial burden that their irresponsibility and lack of planing to keep children safe has created for my family.

There is NOTHING, let me repeat NOTHING they can say or do that will change the fact that the people at the pool on June 2, 2009 were NOT watching my grandson. They are responsible for what happen, and yet I've not been apologized too, nor have they taken responsibility. They cower in silence, on this subject, but are very quick to go in front of the media, claiming they are a wonderful organization that cares about the community.

I am a member of this community, Ethan is a member of this community... where's your caring actions for us? Where's your Christ like love and service to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment