About Me

My photo
This page is dedicated to Ethan Bennett and his courageous journey as he fights his way back from the injuries sustained in a near drowning on June 2, 2009. If you'd like to donate contact me at all4ethan@gmail.com for information or donate via PayPal

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

18 months later

I realized the other day that it has been 18 months, since my life and more importantly Ethan's life was forever changed. As the 2nd Christmas without the sound of Ethan's voice creeps upon us. I can't help but continue to be frustrated. I know many people probably are thinking 'get over it already' and maybe I should be moving past what happened faster than I am. One thing I have learned is that grief takes on different forms for different people and we all heal at our own pace.

I know one of the things that has continued to frustrate and yes anger me, is the people responsible for this have yet to:

1. Acknowledge their carelessness
2. Apologize to me and my family (mostly Ethan) for destroying his life
2. Keep their promises and stand by their word

Back in June 2009 Lt. Colonel Doug Danielson promised on behalf of the Salvation Army that the Salvation Army would pay for anything insurance didn't cover. At the time we thought "Great! Wonderful! Ethan will get the care he needs!"

But soon we found out those were just empty words. Words of a Christian and more importantly a christian organization should be kept and should be honored.

Not so with Lt Colonel Danielson and the Salvation Army. Ethan has missed out on treatments and other therapies that might, just might be the difference in his recovery and progress.

We've been told that he will NEVER be the same, but I still hold out hope. Hope that as Rob once told me, as long as there is life there is hope. So I hope that Ethan will recovery and be the same little boy he was before we dared to trust an organization and their summer camp program.

At the very least I hope that I will once again here his voice say "Grandma" it's been way too long since I've heard my precious grandson talk to me.

I know I haven't posted in a very long time... so much has gone on and so many things to deal with, seems like before long another day then week, then month goes by.

What I haven't stopped doing is sharing Ethan's story and trying to keep other children safe.

What I haven't stopped doing is holding the people responsible for this accountable. Do what you said you were going to do Lt. Colonel Danielson. If you won't I'll continue to do what I can to hold you accountable until you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment